Tuesday, July 29, 2008

just a glimpse.

When I look in her eyes, I can see just a glimpse.
A glimpse of our yesterdays, when she was warm in my arms.
A glimpse of her little body, dependent on mine.
A glimpse of her toothless smile, her peach-fuzzed head.
When I look in her eyes, I realize how quickly time flies.

When I look in her eyes, I can see just a glimpse.
A glimpse of this baby of mine becoming a little girl.
A glimpse of her blond curls, which one day she will make straight.
A glimpse of her little chubby feet making long strides.
When I look in her eyes, I see my baby becoming a little girl.

When I look in her eyes, I can see just a glimpse.
A glimpse of her first day of school, her hand holding mine.
A glimpse of her asking Mommy to please stay behind.
A glimpse of her marrying the man of her dreams.
When I look in her eyes, I see all of her tomorrows, waiting to unfold.

Forever. For always. My baby girl so dear.
I look in your eyes and let go of my fear.
You have made me a mother,
So proud and so true.
Anna Grace, my joy, I will forever love you.

*****
all,
I'm back. I am hoping to do updates throughout this week. No explanation why the blog was on hiatus....I have been doing my best to soak up every minute with Anna, as the reality of how quickly this time passes has really set in. By the end of the day, I need time to relax and regroup. (don't we all). I have missed my time of reflection that I was able to have while blogging. So, here I am again.

Sorry if you have been checking in during my absence, but thank you for remaining faithful readers. More to come.

love, shan

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It's about time! LOVE YOU!

Bekah said...

beautiful shan! i never knew that you wrote poetry! :) Anna is lucky to have a mommy like you! :) love you LOTS!

Tim and Michelle said...

Very sweet! I love it!
Michelle

CB said...

Glad to have you back! Can't believe how big your pretty little girl got!
Charissa

Joy said...

I liked it! it was beautiful.

I hope that you post more blogs and especially with the new baby coming!

love you! <3
(hope you had a great thanksgiving