Thursday, July 31, 2008

At home.


"Sugar" [my nickname.] Coca-Cola [in the glass bottles.] Fish Tanks. Black Labs. Suspenders. Slacks. Slippers. BB Guns. Huntsville. "Blue Money."... These are the things that will forever remind me of him.

Gracious. Giving. Undying love for his wife. Provider. Class. Dignity. Respect. Honor. Integrity. Sense of Humor. Servant's Heart....These are the words that I will always use to describe him.

William Yarbrough, Sr., my dear grandfather, went home to be with his Heavenly Father last month. Pop Pop was proudly the oldest member of his church. He was a handsome man...dressed "to the nines" everyday, every hair combed to perfection. All the ladies swooned to him, and I am sure he didn't mind the company. :). He had a warmth and gentleness about him that I was drawn to. I wish I had known him better. Whenever we had the opportunity to visit with him, he and I always hit it off. I remember walking through the store, hand -in-hand, a couple of years ago. Laughing, talking, sharing. That was a special time.

Pop Pop missed his wife terribly, and i know it brings him joy to be reunited with her for eternity. I am sure he is looking down at his family in complete peace. I hope he is proud of me, as I was certainly proud of him.

We love you and miss you, Pop Pop. Give a hug to Granny for me.

3 comments:

lamonte said...

My precious Bublette, I just found your blog on this new computer and when I saw the picture of you and Daddy I burst out crying. How wonderful AND wrenching to see Daddy. I had this feeling for a second that he was still here. Yes,he was one of a kind and I will miss him for as long as I live.
Anna is beautiful with her granddaddy's beautiful curls and she still looks like her Uncle Billy(Billy Boo).
I love you,
Aunt Lamonte

Bekah said...

i'm so sorry to hear about your loss. i thought i had read something about him passing a little bit ago. it really stinks to get older, because the older we get we tend to lose more loved ones. i will be praying for you and your family as you grieve the loss of what seems to have been an incredible man.

CB said...

Shannon...where did you go? I miss your posts and pics!
Charissa